"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where does the time go?

I am now hovering at 43 pounds lost.  It seems like I have been at this level for a long time, but evidently I haven't blogged in a long time. :) So here we go.

Lots going on and not the least of which is grad school.  I am learning so much and morphing into a much better teacher.  It is amazing how interesting the research can be when you are immersed in a school setting already. 

On a personal note, Chelsea (daughter-in-law) is going to Mexico city today to be with her family as her mom goes through an intense and highly risky back surgery on Monday.  Prayers are needed for all concerned.  Her mom is currently infection free, but in a great deal of pain.  We are hopeful that the surgery is successful and that the long recovery (possibly a year of bedrest) will also be successful.  I personally have been praying for a full and complete recovery (a miracle) and I feel confident that she will come through this stronger and healthier.

My eating has been good for the most part.  We went to a new restaurant for my oldest son's birthday.  It is a Hibachi grill type place.  We sat around the large cooking grill while our "chef" put on quite a show!  I was able to eat all of the soup, some rice, teriyaki chicken and a shrimp. Jenny and I split an order and even with that we were both taking some home!  Fun and delicious.

My motivation of listening to audiobooks has been very interesting.  I couldn't wait to get to the gym to listen to what happens next in the murder mysteries I so love.  Then two other books were recommended to me and I put those on my shuffle.  They were good reads, I am sure, but didn't have that "can't wait to see what happens next" quality and so. . . . .  you guessed it!  I haven't been to the gym since Monday!  YIKES!!  Also, I did put a new Lisa Gardner book on it and it has me hooked, but I haven't been feeling great this week and had appointments on Monday/Tues. after school, so yeah, I am behind.

BIG NEWS:  Laura and Eric are expecting a baby in August!!!!  My first grand child.  I am soooooo excited about it. 

This is for Janna:
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21
NIV

1 comment:

  1. Yay for posting again, Momma! I'm going to send what you wrote about Janna to my class at church so they can be praying, too.

    Oh, and thanks for the shout-out! Get ready!! 6 1/2 more months to go!!

    ReplyDelete