"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to work!

Today was our first day back to school- tomorrow the kids come!  At our meeting this morning, our principal showed a slide show from the first semester and it was amazing to see how many events happened already this year.  I was only in 1 or 2 pictures, but it was a shock to me to see myself "then and now."  I will post a picture of before surgery and now.  It is strange how you don't see yourself. 



THIS IS IN AUGUST BEFORE SURGERY:



 THIS IS 3 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY



        
I am so surprised at the difference in these pictures.  I don't know if you can tell how different I feel and look.  I am looking forward to my 6 month pictures!


This picture was taken in my mom's "orchard" and we were picking oranges from the tree.  I found this quote in Peggy's book and thought about the joy I felt when I realized how much has changed in the last 3 months.


"What happens when we live God's way? 
He brings gifts into our lives, 
much the same way that fruit
appears in an orchard."

-Galatians 5:22 (MSG)

3 comments:

  1. wow, cheryl, i had to look twice/three/four times at that photo of you from your mom's yard...i thought for sure it was from the 70's when i first met you! you look great (and so young!) happy new year! love, karen

    ReplyDelete