"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Home FROM the Holidays!

Travel is exhausting!  Fun, but it wears you out.   We had a wonderful visit with my mom.  We had everyone in our family at Christmas in California (except for Jon and Chelsea) and it was great!  We have several family traditions that just begin as a one time occurrence.  Then they are continued the next year until they are part of the whole experience. A new one that I "vote" to be a tradition is the brisket that Christy and Don made the last 2 years for our "big" dinner.  It is from Don's Aunt's recipe and it is a winner! 


My eating is getting better all the time now.  I still have some challenges, and some episodes that pass a little more quickly than before. The great news is that I have lost 6 more pounds since I last posted!  A total of 37 now.  I am finding that it is easy to eat the "wrong" things because they are easier or quicker or taste good and don't hurt, but are not what I need to be eating.  I need to focus on protein and exercise. 


We have enjoyed many blessings and a few Christmas miracles when it came to our travels.  God is so good and we are so unworthy.  

11 Lord, you are great and powerful. 
       You have glory, victory, and honor. 
       Everything in heaven and on earth belongs to you. 
    The kingdom belongs to you, Lord; 
       you are the ruler over everything.
 12 Riches and honor come from you. 
       You rule everything. 
    You have the power and strength 
       to make anyone great and strong.
 13 Now, our God, we thank you 
       and praise your glorious name.
1 Chronicles 29:11-13
(New Century Version) 


No comments:

Post a Comment