"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday Dec. 2: good news!

Today I went to my primary care Dr. and he had copies of the blood-work I had done earlier in the week.
Great news! He looked at them and said, "WOW! The bottom has dropped out of your cholesterol!
  • It was 199 in June and now it is 126! woo-hoo!
  • My triglycerides are 59 (reference is 55-200)
  • HDL is 39 (reference is 35-95)
  • LDL is 75.2 (reference is 35-95)
  • Chol/HDL ratio is 3.2 (reference is 0-130) Risk factor is LOW (3.3 - 4.4)
WOW how is that for good news???
My iron, vitamins, and everything else is right in the normal to low-normal range.

Just had to share!

from Peggy's book:

"I believe that in each little thing created by God there is more than what is understood, even if it is a little ant."
-Teresa of Avila

4 comments:

  1. I grew up reading my dad's patient's bloodwork, and he taught me how when i was like 7 years old, plus i have learned much about it being in school! My opinion probably isnt as valuable as that of a doctor, but as far as i know that is AWESOME!!!!! Isn't it impressive how even when on the outside nothing seems to change much, but when we look on the inside, everything is different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was this the doctor who was so rude to you before??? Let's send HIM a copy of this report! xoxox, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Doctor is the one who calls to check on me if I have been to see him and he is concerned. This is my favorite doctor!

    ReplyDelete