"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Friday, December 10, 2010

some good news...

I saw the hematologist yesterday and my white blood count levels are already improving. She said it was probably a result of an infection I had about 3 weeks ago, or the meds I took for it, or several other factors. I have to go back in a month just to make sure. (They did draw blood - 12 vials of it!) and the Dr. had the results before I saw her- she had even looked at it under the microscope and said it looked healthy)

John went with me and I am so glad he did. It was an unnerving place. It was beautiful and well organized and ran like clockwork. But it was just scary when you walk into a place named, "Cancer Care Center of South Texas." So many people were there for chemo, radiation, or such like that. A young lady (high school age) came in with her mom, she had short hair in places on her head where she still had hair, and they said they were there for radiation. The impact of that place was tremendous! Christmas decorations up and such life threatening treatments going on. I am so blessed with health that others are struggling with and have a positive attitude about. Why is it so easy to get "caught up" in our own triviality?

Yesterday, we got an email from our school nurse saying that we have a 4th grader at my school, and all he wants for Christmas is a Christmas tree. Thanks to some benefactors, they have been able to get a tree and lights, and asked for donated ornaments (one from each staff member) to go with the tree. Such simple things to make a child happy.

Is this what Christ was telling us? to come to him like a little child? We are the ones who make things so complicated. It doesn't have to be that way does it...


14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Matthew 19:14 (New International Version, ©2010)

1 comment:

  1. You always give me something deeper to think about... and one thing I thought of while I was reading your wonderful blog is that when we are anxious and afraid, we really are coming to God as little children. We are first worried about ourselves and the possibility we may have to suffer, which is a very scary prospect... but we also worry about those we love, who would also suffer... and these are the things anxiety is born out of. I think it is your willingnesss to lean on God during these times that make you such a beautiful person... xo, Christy

    ReplyDelete