"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Eleven Weeks!

2 1/2 months. One more pound, but many changes in how clothes fit. I am pleased.

I was having a conversation with a co-worker who had this surgery 11 years ago and we agreed that for folks who consider this surgery "the easy way out," they have NO clue. This is anything but easy. If it WAS easy, I wouldn't have needed to make the decision to have the surgery. It is difficult to explain to anyone who has never had a serious weight problem. It seems to be a perfectly logical situation, "put the fork down and walk away" is not as simple as that. As with most situations, please don't judge others when you don't know them, and then don't judge them anyway. :)

Eating: I have not had an "episode" (vomiting) for 3 weeks! YAY! I have had some serious nausea, but without the "violence" so that is a great step to acknowledge. I go back to see the surgeon on Friday and have some questions for him about meds and some eating questions.

If you know about the website, Simple Truths, there is a great little movie (less than 3 minutes) titled, "It's Not Just Me" it is written for women.
Here is the link: http://itsnotjustmemovie.com/ it is worth watching!

Quote (from Peggy's book):

"In what seems ordinary and everyday, there is always more that at first meets the eye."
-Charles Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment