"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blogging isn't for sissies!

Since Wednesday it has been an eventful few days.

On Friday I took my 4th grade study group to the courthouse for a tour. It was fabulous! Charlie (the bailiff) gave us an in depth look at our court and introduced us to several people including a court reporter who demonstrated how she records everything said in the courtroom on her machine. We agreed it was like learning a new language. The judge welcomed us and answered lots of questions. While we were in the courtroom, Charlie got a phone call from the Sheriff''s office across town. They wanted the kids to wave at them! They monitor the courtroom. Charlie also showed us a communication room where all of the security cameras were monitored.
After we got back, the sign installer for the playground signs (science vocabulary) arrived and Mr. Ivy (principal) and I walked the playground to show where each one would be placed. they should install them next week YAY!!!!
Then a teacher I met at TAGT came to see the Challenge Lab and she was sooooo excited about the possibilities for her program based on what she saw at 2 of our Challenge Labs.

Saturday, John and I spent 8-6 at a concealed handgun class, and shooting range. We Passed!!! It was very interesting most of the time......it was a lonnnnnnngggg class. I was so glad we had our 3 classes with a shooting instructor before we took the CHL class. It made me much more confident and I was pleased with my target results. It is really fun!
After the class, we met Jenny and Laura at the Palladium Imax to see Harry Potter and WOW what a movie! it was fun.

Eating continues to be trial and error. Things I can count on: Cream of Wheat for b'fast or protein bars/shakes. (NO to oatmeal, eggs or bacon) Soup for lunch: broccoli is great, split pea, or brothy vegetable also good (be careful of meat in soups sometimes yes much of the time no) Supper is a challenge.
Looking forward to church and a relaxing afternoon.

Quote from Peggy's book:

"The lives that have been the greatest blessing to you are the lives of those people who themselves were unaware of having been a blessing."
-Oswald Chambers




No comments:

Post a Comment