"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ft. Worth is lovely this time of year!

I am in Ft. Worth for the Texas Association for Gifted and Talented education conference. We fondly call it the "tag-it" conference. My partners and I (we have an educational consulting company and we are all Challenge Lab teachers) are presenting at noon today on our favorite topic, the Challenge Lab.

Yesterday, I said that, "Things are still working and I will see results elsewhere than on the scale." Well, it is true! What a surprise when I put on my new pants and shirt (2 sizes down from when I started this journey) and the pants fit even better than 2 weeks ago when I bought them, and the belt I wore last week with these pants.......didn't have a hole small enough. I can put my fist between the belt and my body and that is on the smallest setting. What a great surprise!

When we finally got here, we went to Abuelo's to eat and I successfully navigated part of a cup of tortilla soup and some of their wonderful Espinaca (spinach) casserole (my favorite!) YAY!!!

This morning I am having sugar free cocoa, and a protein bar. I will go with my team to breakfast but won't try to eat. Then see what will happen for lunch....since we present at noon, it will be either a small snack ahead of time, or afterward.

What a fun day! I am looking forward to it.

Psalm 21 (NIV)
The king rejoices in your strength, LORD.
How great is his joy in the victories you give!

No comments:

Post a Comment