"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Monday, November 1, 2010

November is here!

What a great weekend we had.

Beautiful and Cold on Saturday morning and our first handgun lesson. It was way more fun and I had a blast! All of my shots hit the target where they were supposed to- (do I have to tell you we were only a couple of yards from it?) Any way, I need to work on strengthening my fingers so I can release the clip and cock the gun. It was so much fun to do.

After that, we stopped by Dillard's and I bought a couple of new things to wear at the state convention for gifted children where my team and I are presenting a session on the Challenge Lab. WOW I went down 2 sizes! woo-hoo! that was fun too.
Then home to a hair appointment. We (really my hairdresser) decided to change things up a bit. So I am now darker blond (really light brown if you ask me) and the shape has changed of the hair cut so it actually looks a little longer than when I first went in!!!!
Then went to dinner with several friends from church. What a great time we had being together and visiting. Eating was a challenge all weekend- but my friend, Donna made me a chicken breast plain and I tried some green beans w/ no problem.
Sunday was great with my little class (5 year olds) and then the service was good. I felt bad during the service and we came right home. I tried to eat, thinking it might help- WRONG!!!! After that episode, I slept for 1 1/2 hours. Then spent the rest of the day trying to get my graduate classwork done and turned in. ugh! I did "baby" my tummy the rest of the evening.
I started some liquid anti-depressant on Friday and I think it is helping some. I am not as emotional as I was last week. I am still not quite leveled out and go back to my primary care tomorrow to see what he thinks. I expect he may up the dose a bit this time.....until I get leveled out.
I am at school, because we have open house tonight and I will probably leave here around 7:15 or so, and then I plan to "crash" when I get home......
I am reading this book for my grad class that is very challenging to me... The title is "UNchristian" by David Kinnaman. it talks about how the younger generation (ages about 17-ish to about 29) need transparency from Christians and how they need to see us "keepin' it real" so I decided to just be open about my struggle with depression and how the medicine really makes a difference in my life. I don't see it as being "weak in my faith" because I am weak as a human. I see it as a way that God gives me grace to go on and live my life with a measure of courage.



As Paul says in 2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (NIV)
8) Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9) But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10) That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak then I am strong.

I can't say that I want to boast about my weaknesses, but hiding them doesn't do any good. I can say that God's grace will fill in the many cracks and faults that I have as I strive to live the life He wants for me.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    I hope it helps, it is amazing how much the support of balancing the chemicals in your body helps in many areas. I didn't publish your post because of reasons of privacy and I know you understand.

    Love and thanks for the prayers,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete