"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Saturday, September 25, 2010

10 Days and Counting

I feel great! I am reminded of Paul in Philippians 4:12-13

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.13I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

I am not quite there yet, but I am working on it. I am not exactly 'hungry' just wondering about real food, and how it will all work.

At BMI of Texas, they give you this spiral bound book, that tells you nearly everything about what to expect before and after surgery, nutrition in the first few weeks, and all kinds of information. So I was reading through it again, and found a section on "Hibernation Syndrome" wow! So I am into that stage of recovery.

Here is what the book says, "...a period of time after a weight loss procedure during which patients may experience extreme fatigue, sleepiness, and energy depletion." That explains why I don't feel bad, but I am wanting to curl up and sleep. Yesterday, I felt great all day, but slept all afternoon. I walked my 30 minutes in the morning-and felt good the whole time. I walked 30 minutes in the early evening, because Laura called and said "are you walking?" so I did. I felt good, but a little winded (first time) then I rode in the car with John to Lowe's for an outing (I stayed in the car).

It helps to know that, according to “the book” that all of this is part of the process. It has to do with the body not getting any fuel to run on and it tries to conserve its energy. They call it “designed starvation.” Once the metabolism levels out, I should have more energy than ever! Yay!

This is part of God’s design and it has allowed people to survive during famine, severe weather conditions and other times when there was food shortage. As I said before, “we are fearfully and wonderfully made.”

Psalm 139:13-14

13For you created my inmost being; 


you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 


your works are wonderful, 


I know that full well.”

I am doing what I need to do, walking and pushing through, but I also think that the sleep is beneficial to the healing. So I am doing that as well.

It is a fascinating journey so far.

I am so very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning friend! I can relate to your "feeling guilty" for taking it easy but a couple of years ago when I broke several ribs, the dr told me the best way to heal the body was to let it rest! Not what we as Mom's are very good about doing, but right now that is EXACTLY what you need to do and feel good about it!! So rest rest rest my friend! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete