"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday

It seems strange to be home on a Monday. John got up and went to work and I have worked on my grad class a little.

My weight was up 10 pounds the first time post surgery @ the hospital and this morning is back to the pre-op weight. I had read that it is normal to go up as much as 15-20 lbs. in hosp. because of all the IV fluids, etc. so I wasn't surprised. Now I feel like I am at the top of the ski slope and ready to "take off" (I couldn't resist the pun.)

I will keep you posted.

Dreams: The last few nights I have been dreaming about food- of course! but it is situations where I will have a mouthful of gummy bears and then remember "I can't have these!" and try to find a place to spit them out--lolol it gets fairly "3 Stooges" if you get my drift.

I talked to John this a.m. about putting an audio-book on his ipod for me to listen to when I walk and no one is on the phone :)

I am blessed and content with my life. Praises to Him who supplies all my needs.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning friend! Ashley just told me about your blog, so I have read your journey and I just want you to know I am so excited for you. We will be praying that your health will be improved in all the ways you listed...and it truly does sound like a God thing! We are pulling for you and so happy to hear you have the huge step out of the way!!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a journey! Yes, I read all of it and I'm inspired by your courage to undertake this new adventure. I'll be folowing along and praying as you go! Luv ya friend!

    ReplyDelete