"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Saturday, September 18, 2010

health choice vs. cosmetic choice

Are you still reading? wow! That is amazing.

Here are the reasons we decided to go with the gastric bypass (roux en y)

Current Health problems that can be greatly reduced or completely resolved:
  • diabetes (type 2) 80-85% completely resolved
  • High blood pressure reduced or resolved
  • cholesterol get off meds
  • heart risks greatly reduced
  • joint pain lessens (more active to participate in family activities)
  • sleep apnea usually resolved completely
  • depression (on meds for 12 years) may get off these
  • longer life expectancy
  • quality of life greatly improved
  • energy and "want to" increased
The weight loss and improvement in appearance is also a huge incentive, but alone is not enough.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I am so happy for you Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! Sounds like God is doing some amazing things for you. Will be praying for a quick recovery:)! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait! Just the thought of you considering being on the river with us makes my heart happy. I can't wait for you to see it like we do. :) I love you so much, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the family activities part!!!

    ReplyDelete