"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Sunday, September 26, 2010

SENSATIONAL SUNDAY!

I got to go to church! What a blessing.

So many people who have prayed me through this part of my journey. Lots of hugs and confirmation of prayers. It was soul-nourishing just to be among all of my church family.

So, since it is Sunday, I should probably confess. Yesterday, I drove myself to WalMart because I wanted to. Yes, I did need a few things and John was at the river house with some of the kids and Alan's family getting it "spruced up" for the wedding. So I drove the short distance and checked my watch when I entered the store=12:15 p.m.

Of course I walked slowly and was able to take my time looking for everything, reading labels and deciding on which ones to get. I ran into one of my partners, Lisa, as she was there with her family, so I guess I got "caught" being out on my own. oopsy!

Afterward I decided I would get my car filled up so John could take it to Houston the next day. His mom is in the hospital and not doing very well, so he is going down to support his sister and dad.

When I got home, it was 1:30 and I was done! I had to leave a couple of bottles of juice in the car because once I got the "cold" stuff in, I was too tired to get them. It felt good to accomplish what I did, I was really tired, but still felt great.

I think it was ok to do that yesterday, because I felt more confident about going to church this morning. It was 2 hours today but mostly sitting so it wasn't too bad. I am tired, but I can sleep this afternoon and I will.

My reflection for today is that God supplies all of my needs, and though I am so focused on my eating and drinking, that isn't what is important.
"...the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men. Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another." Romans 14:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment