"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Saturday, September 18, 2010

it's a GOD thing...

If you read the post before this one, ("Why?") then here is that hindsight that only comes after you have been brought through the obstacles.

In 2009, before I even considered any kind of bariatric surgery. God put into place a series of events that all came together in Sept./Oct. of 2010. Here is what I now know was being prepared for me.
  • Gena Robertson was pursuing her alternative teaching degree and was a very successful sub during the 2009 school year.
  • I began a Master's program online thru ACU with my dear friend Marilyn. The classes and growth I experienced through this course has grown me intellectually, and spiritually. Preparing me for challenges to come during the summer of 2010.
  • John had never even considered this treatment until one of his "new" clients shared his success story.
  • John was the one who broached the subject with me - I didn't have to find a way to introduce it to him.
  • All of the delays in my Bariatric Surgery process enabled me to wait until a hospital in SA was certified by my insurance company.
  • My summer was filled with activities that were either grad school related or related to my consulting company and it was ridiculous for me to try to do this during that schedule!
  • My son and his girlfriend decide to get married on 10/10/10.
  • School started and I began to see that not only was none of this in my control (I had done everything I could do to jump through the rings of the insurance company) but it was obvious that I had not sought God's wisdom in the timing.
  • I began to pray to Him that I understood He had a plan and that I needed to let Him figure this out.
  • about 2 weeks of concentrated prayer about this, I got an email that N E Baptist had rec'd the required rating! suddenly all things began to make sense.
  • As the scheduling of appts. and timelines began to be set, the result was that I could have the surgery on Sept. 15, take four weeks off and have a great sub with Gena, never possible in the seven years of opening the lab.
  • The 4 weeks includes the wedding at the end of it when I should be feeling really good and actually on soft (but real) food.
  • Our God is an AWESOME God!

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your story! God's hand is in it for sure! Quick healing to you, and I hope you enjoy your time off. J is getting married? Congratulations to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Mom! Thanks for sharing how God has been working. :)

    ReplyDelete