"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

2 weeks today!

It is hard to believe that I was in surgery 2 weeks ago and I have been healing so fast. A nurse from N E Baptist Hospital called yesterday to follow up on my recovery and ask about my experience in the hospital. I couldn't say enough wonderful things about the care I received while I was there. One thing she said has stayed with me and since I had a bit of a rough day yesterday, I am more aware of it than ever. She said, "Even though it looks like it was very minor on the outside (6 fairly small incisions that are healed now) remember that it was very major on the inside." So True!

Yesterday
  • I felt amazing!
  • I worked carefully weeding the flower bed
  • I came in very tired after 30 minutes
  • rested and went to the sewing room to work on a project
  • drank some juice too fast
  • pain and nausea for 5-10 minutes! YIKES!! I wasn't even trying to eat soft food :{
  • rested
  • had a very s-l-o-w lunch of broth
  • tried some jello - a hint of the pain returns
  • slept for 1 1/2 hours
  • tried sipping juice
  • tried to eat a scrambled egg - 2 bites and pain
  • back to liquids (a little frustrated)
So that was yesterday and today is a new day!

I tried on my dress for the wedding this morning and it is a bit looser, but not terribly. So we are still good on that.

My verse today is because I am in regrouping mode:
"my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior-" 2 Samuel 22:3

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl,
    I finally figured out how to post. I have really been encouraged by your strength. You are in my prayers and thoughts. I think about you often. See you soon.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you listen to your body and follow the instructions! You have to try and move forward, and you have to let go and step back... it is all coming together and thank goodness the pain wasnt any worse than it was... xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete