"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

This morning I feel great! As I was "walking" (physically and w/ God) I began to reflect on this journey. I am still awed with all that took place over the past year. I remembered the verse in James 1

"2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds . . ."

I often think of this scripture when I go through struggles, but I can say now that I do count it joy when I see what God was doing for me by putting off the progress of my surgery. He was preparing me to be so thankful and positive when it finally did fall into place. I am not sure I would be so determined to get well and make this work if it had come easy to me.

When I looked up the scripture reference, I read on in that chapter and it all applies to me this morning.

“3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”

This experience has added another layer to my perseverance factor. I have been an “instant” person most of my life. I find it difficult to “wait” for things, events, and projects, just about anything. Over the past several years I have learned that time can be such a blessing.

When I wanted to get an Archimedes Screw for our school playground, I never dreamed it would become a much more complex and long-term project like the Science playground has become. Now, 3 years seems like a very reasonable amount of time to have it developed and to see the results. This journey of the Gastric Bypass Adventure has shown me once again the wisdom of God is perfect. So many different things had to happen before I was ready. Now I see that. I had many times of frustration and even anger that there were so many “senseless” obstacles in my way. Ha! Those “challenges” were preparing me for the ultimate victory.

I am encouraged by verse 4 that I am maturing. It is one of my goals to be mature in my faith and in my relationships.

So, today is Thankful Thursday and I am truly thankful for all of the setbacks, delays, pain, and progress. Because it all means that something better is coming.

I feel great today!

No comments:

Post a Comment