"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Saturday, October 23, 2010

5 weeks +

What a great week! Classes went smoothly - I had an amazing conversation with 3 concrete workers who were pouring concrete under the Archimedes Screw on the playground. (if you don't know about MY Archimedes Screw, please send me a message on comments and I will be happy to explain) These 3 men not only pour concrete, but taught me so many things about the chemistry, technology, history and complexity of concrete work. I was inspired by their knowledge and especially their curiosity and willingness to share information. I am considering taking my 5th grade study group (they are studying Science Playground) on a field trip to the concrete plant!

We live in an amazing time! There are so many opportunities all around us every day to learn, share, be inspired and enjoy every day we are given. We just need to open our eyes and jump right in.

I had my check-up yesterday with the bariatric physician assistant. Everything is on track and I am off my last 2 prescriptions! YAY!! I am only taking the supplements required by my surgeon (vitamins, calcium, B 12 and iron) and a prescription for 6 months to protect my gall bladder. I am so very blessed.

Most of you know that I am in the middle of my Master's program (online with Abilene Christian University) and during my studies this week, I came across a quote that I really love so here it is:

Joel Barker says:

Vision without action is merely a dream.
Action without vision just passes the time.
Vision with action can change the world.
I can see this applied to my Christian walk, my students, my school . . .
What do you think it applies to?

No comments:

Post a Comment