"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A dip in the road

I was able to make a difference for someone yesterday!!!! YAY mission accomplished. Wonder if I can get in another one before the week is over?????


okay, so I am human! Instead of a bump in the road, I have encountered a "dip." It is just like those you encounter when driving in the beautiful hill country at a low-water-crossing when you come over the crest of a hill and your tummy does a flipflop as you quickly descend into the "dip." So here is what happened.

Spent 3 hours yesterday in doctors' offices. Good news all around, but I am "crashing" in the emotional area.

I knew that it was possible. After any major event (surgery, wedding, major medication changes,etc.) it is common to go thru a little depression. I was very alert to this since stopping my anti-depressant meds when they made me so sick. When I talked to my primary care doc he spent a lot of time with me talking about my worries and reassuring me that this is completely normal.

He prescribed a different Rx that is a liquid so maybe it won't bother my new tummy too much. I go back in a week for a follow up.

Now here is the real blessing: He called me at home last night to check on how I was doing!!!

I see how God puts "angels" to watch over me. I just have to look for them. I am so glad I called his office yesterday and went to the app't. and had a very "healing" conversation with this person who ministered to me. He talked about what I need to pray for (peace, strength, letting go and positive outcomes) what I need to acknowledge (a normal outcome of all of the major events) and to trust God to work out everything.

Thank you, Lord for putting my doctor in my life when I needed to "hear" the medicine as much as fill a prescription. Both are necessary for my spiritual and emotional health.

I am truly blessed beyond measure.

My "dip" is one reason I get to enjoy the scenic view when I get back up on the hilltop.
Praises to our creator for the "angels" He puts into our lives!


Here is my verse for the day:

Isaiah 58:8
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.


No comments:

Post a Comment