"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Each new day that comes your way is blessed with promise. -Anon.

This is a beautiful day!

Church, this morning was wonderful- 2 young single moms were baptized and so joyful.

We met with our small group, and had lunch. I took tuna salad for myself and it was fine. It was so nice to be with everyone again and though I couldn't eat what they had fixed, it was so worth it to be with everyone and everyone made me feel welcome. What a blessing.

John and I went out to the river house to get something he left yesterday. It looks wonderful- he worked on painting trim, and trimming different spots around the area. It will be so pretty for the wedding. (in one week!)

Now about a bump in the road- of my recovery that is, not the river house. Yesterday morning I thought I was following my soft foods diet. Well, I found out the hard way that even if you warm up a flour tortilla till it is soft, it isn't classified as soft according to my new little stomach. 2 bites, that I didn't chew well enough, sent me into an hour of misery. They call it "dumping syndrome" and it is when your body lets you know in a clear and definite way that it will not tolerate some things before their time. YIKES! I am listening more closely and really watching what I am putting into my new body. Maybe that is why I didn't mind taking my own food to the luncheon today. Anything is better that that happening again!

So much of our culture revolves around food. Even though that has changed for me, it doesn't mean that I can't still participate in a wiser, more satisfying way. It really made me see that it is the relationships with people that are important and the food is just an accessory.

Our lives here are about the relationship we have with others. Just because food is involved with many of our social events, doesn't make it the primary reason we get together. It is the community that we were designed to be a part of by God himself that is the most important reason we are here.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”


Counting my blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment