"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Monday, October 4, 2010

Another success!

Today, Monday, I was "graduated" from the Headache Institute of Texas (HIT is what I fondly call it)
I went for my regular follow-up and Dr.s Holt and Turner said I was finished with their treatment. It has been 16 or 18 months since I first went to see them for migraines. Their treatment is very effective and sees each patient as a whole person. I learned so much from them!
If you have heard my "Live-Laugh-Love" presentation, then you have benefitted from some of that learning. My life is indeed richer for having gone to these wonderful doctors- not just because I have diminished my headaches significantly, but because of what they taught me about helping my body heal itself, and allowing time for relaxation and meditation for healing.
I will miss seeing them.

John "allowed" me to drive to San Antonio by myself today :) I love how he cares for me. I can't imagine what life would be like with anyone else- he is a perfect fit for me. My cup overflows with blessings because of the man he is.

I am surprised to say that the scale hasn't moved for 5 days. It is probably normal, but I was getting used to 2-3 pounds every other day or so. hmmmmm..... It might have something to do with my eating real food (soft though) except I am not eating that much and it is all high protein. I guess it will all become clear later on.

My verse today is reflecting on my graduate class (Conflict Resolution and Communication) we are wrapping up this course. The last module has been about forgiveness. We watched 5 videos from the "Anderson Cooper 360" program. It was a series he did on forgiveness and is powerful information. The five videos were on:
  1. How do you forgive the unforgivable (the murderer of your child)
  2. The healing power of forgiveness (how forgiveness saved a woman's life)
  3. Should you pardon a cheating heart?
  4. Overcoming the pain of sexual abuse.
  5. Can you forgive yourself?
As these were part of my course, I don't know how to give you more information that this, but it will enlighten you if you can see these videos.

My verse today is this:
Mat 5:44-45 (NEB) "But what I tell you is this: love your enemies and pray for your persecutors; only so can you be like children of your heavenly Father, who makes his sun rise on good and bad alike, and sends the rain on the honest and the dishonest. If you love only those who love you, what reward can you expect? Surely the tax-gatherers do as much as that. And if you greet only your brothers, what is there extraordinary about that? Even the heathen do as much. There must be no limit to your goodness, as your heavenly Father's goodness knows no bounds."


No comments:

Post a Comment