"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Six Weeks and Counting...

Yes, it is finally getting past those first few weeks. I find myself "wishing" it was 3 months or 6 months down the road I am on, and then I realize I need to enjoy my days! No sense in "wishing" my life away. In so many ways this is my favorite time of the year:
  • FALL!
  • beautiful weather
  • study groups are getting into the "good stuff"
  • no projects due yet
  • thankfulness
  • anticipation (in a good way) of the holidays
  • planning trips
My week has been full of challenges and I believe set myself up for them. I was (and am) trying to make someone's day better. I just didn't know how much work it was going to be to stay positive. I have been allowing negativity into my day(s) and find that the very thing I rail against, later that day I will be doing myself. Shocking!

Even Paul struggled with this and I am sure it is not from God!
Here are several versions of what Paul said about it in Romans 7:15

New International Version (©1984)
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

New Living Translation (©2007)
I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate.

English Standard Version (©2001)
For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

International Standard Version (©2008)
I don't understand what I am doing. For I don't practice what I want to do, but instead do what I hate.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
I don't realize what I'm doing. I don't do what I want to do. Instead, I do what I hate.

I am thinking that Satan is laughing at my feeble efforts, but I am here to tell the negative forces that my God is bigger and greater than anything they have! I am aware of my faults and I can tap into the power of the creator to guide me to the person I can help today. Even if it is me.

Join me in the battle over evil forces- those daily "stealers of joy" and let's choose to make it a good day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment