"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Monday, October 11, 2010

The day after.....

Yesterday was our youngest son's wedding day! what a wild weekend - it was so beautiful! The weather was absolutely perfect!

We got to enjoy our outdoor wedding, the river house property looked fabulous! The food was catered by the Greek Tavern in Bandera and it was so delicious! I could eat the spanikopita and tiropita as well as the hummus. That was fun!

Now I am trying to rest-so that I can go back to work on Wed. The workers are here to tear out our back room. Last week we discovered that the A/C drain got stopped up and flooded out carpet, now there is mold. Life as we know it!

My recovery is not hampering the enjoyment of life events. Eating, while it is a major part of celebrations, doesn't have the priority it used to. Here are some blessings of not eating.
  • Not being truly hungry is a blessing!
  • No standing in line to get food from the buffet.
  • No problem feeling over-stuffed after the meal
  • No "wasted" time filling my mouth, more time for visiting and talking.
  • Being able to eat the appetizer was satisfying enough.
  • Since I am not hindered by eating, I can visit with lots of people at different tables while they eat.
All in all I am pleased with the changes in my focus. Where food was my focus before, I can now make relationships more of a priority. As it should be....

My verse today is:

"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor."

No comments:

Post a Comment