"I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Friday, October 1, 2010

Corrie Ten Boom says...

"Every experience God gives us, every person He puts into our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see."
So, I went for my check up at the cardiologist this morning. I took my records that I have been keeping since the surgery. It was obvious to me that he was NOT a fan of gastric bypass! He said some things that might have shaken me if I wasn't doing so well. I was thankful that I have the resolve to withstand the comments of a Dr. that were not very supportive of what was a major decision on my part. Some things he said were:
  • You know you can eat around the bypass and it will be just the same as it was before.
  • You realize that you can get the same results by going to an orthodontist and having your jaws wired shut.
  • what you really need is behavior modification.
  • This may or may not take care of your high lipids (bad cholesterol)
  • I don't think you really have a cardiac issue- some pre issues, but you don't need to be seen in this office but once a year. (yay)
  • I guess they told you that if you eat certain things it will make you so very sick.
  • You know what, I do want to see you in 6 months just to check on how you do with all of this.
Then as he was leaving, "good for you for taking this step- I hope it all turns out like you want it to." (rather hollow after everything else.)
That is why I put Corrie Ten Boom's quote on today's title. I will trust the "future that only He (God) can see." and I will put my faith in His plan for my life, not some doctor who just met me.
All of my records were great and he really didn't have anything to instruct me about. I have to get a blood test for the lipids, but that is it.
I am counting this appointment a victory! In spite of the negative comments. :}
Praises to God who is in control of ALL things.
I am still smiling- that is my choice!

1 comment:

  1. What in the world?! I want a piece of this doctor, please. Ugh, it just gets me so riled that he would say those ugly things, especially AFTER you've already had the surgery! grrrr.

    I'm so proud of you for not letting it get you down. You are amazing. This surgery has already changed you in so many ways! I love reading how God is working DAILY in your life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete